This program is designed for nursing professionals who want to be better prepared to teach clients, staff and students. It provides students with additional preparation in educational principles and theory to support them in their teaching roles. Courses focus on areas such as planning education programs or courses, teaching strategies and interpersonal competency in communication with others. The Graduate Nursing Certificate in Nursing Education requires completion of 5 three-credit courses totaling 15 credits.
- NRS 640: Curriculum and Instruction in Nursing
- NRS 675: Teaching Methodologies in Nursing Education
- NRS 701: Advanced Pathology
- NRS 702: Advanced Physical Assessment
- NRS 703: Advanced Pharmacology
- NRS 735: Nursing Practicum